Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Week Fifty Seven and Fifty Eight

I'm not a very good blogger. I forgot to post Eric's message from last week, so once again it's two for the price of one.


The sleep machine hasn't arrived yet (maybe it arrived today I haven't gotten the mail yet.)  But thank you so much for getting it anyway because I wasn't even sure if you'd be willing to get it for me or not so thank you.

I knew about the Aquabats! getting canceled like 3 weeks ago all my sisters including Dad told me on the same day.  I'm pretty sure that's the only time all 3 of them have e-mailed me.  I told Elder Liddiard and he told everyone in his family to sign the petition. 

There's a hawk around?  Oh no guard Viktor!  No I'm just kidding.  What a cool thing to see in our backyard.

Well this last week was crazy because it was RootsTech week.  We had patrons everywhere and pizza everywhere.  A ridiculous overabundance of pizza I lived off of pizza this whole week pretty much.  This is what the break room looked like on most days:


We also had Elder Davis and Elder McCarty come back to help us on our most busy night:


Not my best picture but I was pretty tired.

Also mama pigeon is back in her nest where she was last year:


I realized recently that I should probably make my e-mails more spiritual considering how I'm a missionary and all and it can be pretty hard to tell when all my e-mails are just about pigeons and how my chiropractor is out to get me.  (Even though he totally is for the record, even President Workman is on to him now.) 

I've been studying what is called The Law of the Harvest lately, that is, you reap what you sow.  This can be found in Galatians 6.  When you do good things in the end you'll reap good things, if you do bad things in the end you'll reap bad things.  (Or even if you do nothing you'll reap nothing.)  It's not just the big moments in our life though, we all are capable of doing good things some days yet bad things most days.  I want to be able to reap good after years and years of doing good things every day.  Keeping the commandments, enduring, and being Christlike will lead to a life of good in the end and that will show my true worth. 

Love,
Elder Larson



Thank you very much for the sound machine I am very convinced that it is one of the greatest things that has entered my life.  I am being rocked to sleep by sounds so real that I no longer need to go outside anymore. It doesn't have any sound loops which I just find absolutely amazing (and if it does then it does a really good job at hiding it.)  It sounds like you're next tot he ocean and the wave is different every time.  And the fireplace setting is also really awesome to listen to it's the one getting me to sleep along with ocean.  The only setting on it I don't like is the white noise setting, which literally sounds like tv static.  I don't get that one at all.

Telling my companion that my dog was too dumb for obedience school so we're going to have to send him back to puppy school was one of the funniest sentences I've ever composed.  So bravo to Shamus for that.
I have to go back to puppy school :-(


Yes I got the valentine box and the thing from our ward was unexpected but really nice.  And thank you for not sending me a ton of candy I know that that seems like a weird thing to be grateful for but I have more candy then I know what to do with and my companions won't eat it either.

I can play pretty much any hymn with my right hand but I have not been able to play anything using full parts yet.

Yesterday we just watched the 3 part documentary Fires of Faith: The Coming Forth of the King James Bible.  I think you may have seen it before but it's a good one. 

Your view on reaping what you sow are correct.  When you plant a seed you don't get it immediately.  Whenever I think about people wondering why good things happen to bad people and bad things happen to good people I think about Job.  Through all he endured and even the accusing words of his friends he maintained his faith in God knowing that even though he didn't know why bad things were happening to him, he did know that God is still loving and merciful and knows what's best for him.  I like the book of Job because even though it doesn't answer why bad things happen to good people, it does teach us how we should respond.  And through faith all will be well in the end.

Love,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment