Saturday, February 1, 2014

Week Fifty Five

An Adventure with the Chiropractor

I'm going to tell you about my chiropractor adventure before I forget.

So I got to go to the chiropractor last Thursday and they brought me in again to watch another video telling me that I had a "vertebral subluxation" on my neck.  Apparently my neck doesn't curve as much as it should and that this is a serious problem that needs fixing.  So serious that I was told that I need to come in at least 20 times to fix this problem. 

I've been skeptical of this chiropractor since my first visit (for obvious reasons) and this kind of blew things over the roof for me so I told him he could go ahead and adjust me for today and I'd make an appointment and tell him my decision on whether I would go through his 20 visit plan or not. 

I did some research and found out that the "subluxation" thingie is actually more of a medical theory than an actual thing and even though there are many chiropractors that claim they can heal these things a lot of chiropractors don't stand by this theory at all.  And with a little more research I was able to find out that my "straight neck" problem shouldn't be a medical problem at all but it would be safe to get a second opinion anyway.  So based on all this I deduced that we must have really good insurance because the chiropractor really seems to want to cash in on it. 

So I told Elder Andersen that I think he's a fraud and that I don't want to see him anymore and that I want a copy of my x rays from him so I could get a second opinion.  He actually agreed with me completely because he told me that he's been weary of him for quite some time (he only takes elders there because that's where they were going before he got here I guess).  He told me that whenever he brings in an elder who's insurance doesn't cover chiropractic work then they get told to just stretch it and ice it and he should be fine; but with me it was, "You have insurance?  Oh man you might have a serious problem.  Let's take x rays and a ton of other tests so we can work on you for forever." 

So yeah.  Neither Elder Andersen or I (and I can assume you are not too since you get the bills) are happy with this chiropractor and we're going to him today to ask for my x rays which I have a right to.  (Or at least a copy of.)  And I'm obviously not going to be seeing him anymore. 

My neck and shoulder still hurts occasionally but I actually did start stretching it again and I think that helps.  I got some icy hot junk too and that helps as well.

An Adventure with the Psycho Lady

I'm going to tell you about my adventure with the psycho lady before I forget.

So on Wednesday I was minding my own business at zone when the current floor manager at the time came to me with a patron who was weeping hysterically and said that she had requested a blessing.  So Elder Menke and I brought her into a room in the back and asked her to tell us what was wrong.  As soon as she started talking we realized immediately what was wrong.  It turns out she was severely mentally ill and was completely psychotic in the strictest sense of the term.  She was having delusions and hallucinations and exhibiting every single sign of schizophrenia.  (I don't know why I keep attracting these people either.)  This situation was a lot more different than the other one though, as in it was potentially dangerous.  See she didn't seem to realize that she had a mental issue; in fact when Elder Menke accidentally hinted that that was the case she got really mad at us and told us that she was not crazy.  It was all the government's fault.  See she can't take showers anymore because the government is transmitting messages into her head through ultra violet rays from their satellites and she can only use the computers at the library because they aren't bugged.  And she has proof that the government is doing it because she can see painted rainbows on the walls and we can't.  So yeah, it was pretty scary.

We still gave her a blessing though.  When she left we got security and filled out a report so when she comes in again they can get her help because as far as I was able to tell she's completely dependent on her sister who doesn't seem to know what to do with her which is bad because she really can't be wandering around public alone due to the fact that she's potentially dangerous.

Also I'm currently sick again.  I caught some sort of weird virus that is spreading through our elders like wildfire.  My throat is extremely sore and I can't stop coughing.  This is the first time I've been out of the apartment since Friday.

Well that's all.

Love,
Elder Larson

No comments:

Post a Comment